While wheel balancing may seem like a small detail when getting new tires or replacing a single damaged tire—it’s vital for the longevity of your tires. We ensure all wheel balancing we do is properly executed, quick, and affordable—so we can get you back on the road.
WHAT IS WHEEL BALANCING
Wheel balancing is essentially a tune-up for your tires. What wheel balancing does is redistribute weight in the wheel-tire sets to ensure perfect weight distribution in all areas. Wheel balancing also contributes directly to the comfort of your ride. An unbalanced wheel may provide a wobbly, bumpier feel to your vehicle.
WHY YOU SHOULD GET YOUR WHEELS BALANCED
Without properly balancing your wheels, the lifetime of your tires will be greatly reduced. Also, an unbalanced wheel set can contribute to a rough ride and poor fuel economy.
WHEN TO GET YOUR WHEELS BALANCED
Your wheels should be balanced regularly. There are certain milestones or symptoms that should prompt you to get them balanced:
- Wheels should be balanced at least once every 2 years
- Wheels should be balanced every 5,000 miles
- Anytime you get a flat
- Anytime you repair a tire
- Anytime you replace a tire
- If you feel a vibration in your steering wheel while driving
- If you have tire wear that is unbalanced